Loading

Monday 13 June 2016

Shorba-E-Tangri

This is one of the most delicious chicken recipes I have tasted so far. Innovation in the non vegetarian dishes has become a necessity now to meet my family expectations. I fail to figure out at times whether this is a positive or negative aspect of food blogging. Every time I rack my brain to come up with something new or google for some simple and new ideas which I have not experimented with as yet in my kitchen. This time I managed to dig up a recipe called Shorba-E-Tangri which seemed to be pretty interesting to me. Happy with myself to have saved my face, I started with going to the market to get hold of some fresh chicken leg pieces needed for the dish.






The way I have made it:
 



Ingredients:
 


  • 10 chicken leg pieces
  • 2 tablespoons of onion paste
  • 1 tsp ginger paste
  • 1 tsp garlic paste
  • 3 ripe red tomatoes chopped finely
  • 2 green chillies chopped
  • 4 green cardamoms
  • 1 inch stick of cinnamon
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 tablespoons of hung curd/yogurt beaten smooth
  • ½ tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
  • ½ tsp black pepper
  • Salt and sugar to taste
  • A fistful of finely chopped coriander leaves
  • 4 tablespoons of ghee/clarified butter




Procedure:



Step 1:


Wash the leg pieces and take a pressure cooker, add 11/2 big cups of water. Cook for 5-6 whistles. The leg pieces should not be fully done.  Let the steam escape on its own. Take out the leg pieces on a plate and keep the stock for later use in the recipe.


Step 2:
 

Take a wok and heat ghee and splutter the whole spices. Add onion, ginger and garlic paste and sauté well until the ghee separates from sides. Add the tomatoes and green chillies. Keep frying until the tomatoes are well cooked.


Step 3:


Add the chicken pieces. Saute well with the masala. Add turmeric, salt, black pepper, red chilli powder. Keep stirring.


Step 4:


Now lower the flame and slowly add the yogurt. Mix well. Add the chicken stock and let it get cooked on medium flame for 7-8 minutes covered. The leg pieces should be properly cooked by then.



Step 5:



Garnish with fresh and chopped coriander leaves. Goes best with plain steamed rice. But you can try it with parantha/roti/naan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This!!

print this page
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner