Loading

Thursday 28 August 2014

Rui Rosa (Rohu In A Rich Gravy)

I discovered this recipe long time back in a cookbook soon after I got married. Instantly had fallen in love with the dish because of its simplicity. Nothing much was needed for the recipe except everyday cooking ingredients but the brilliant flavour of the dish surprised me when I tasted it, never expected it to be so delectable. Hubby was genuinely impressed with my culinary skills and I was happy with my achievement considering that I was a beginner then and quite a novice inside the kitchen. Gradually it became one of my signature dishes and I made it often while treating guests, now it's one of the most requested fish preparations of my son and I happily oblige his request. You can use Rohu, Katla or even Bhetki (Barramundi) for this dish. Here's the recipe...




Rui Rosa




Rui Rosa


Rui Rosa



Rui Rosa


Rui Rosa



Recipe:



Ingredients:



  • 500 gms of Rohu/ Katla/Bhetki (Barramundi) pieces
  • 2 large onions pasted
  • 2 tsp ginger paste 
  • 2 tsp garlic paste
  • 2 tsp white vinegar
  • 3-4 whole dry red chillies
  • 3 green cardamoms
  • 1 stick cinnamon
  • 3 cloves
  • 1 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
  • 2-3 slit green chillies
  • Salt and sugar to taste
  • Mustard oil as per requirement
  • 2 tblspns Ghee/clarified butter



Procedure:


Wash and clean the fish pieces, pat dry and smear with turmeric and salt. Heat ghee in a thick bottomed skillet and fry the fish pieces golden brown. remove and keep aside. Now in the same skillet add some mustard oil and splutter the whole garam masalas and dry red chilli. Add the onion and ginger garlic paste. Saute for a few minutes. Add salt and sugar a pinch of turmeric powder and kashmiri red chilli powder. Add a cup of warm water, put the fish pieces into it and bring to a boil. After a few minutes add the vinegar and slit green chillies. Let it simmer for 2 minutes more, turn off the heat, give some standing time and serve....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This!!

print this page
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner